Pilates for Pregnancy is a straight talking, woman-to-woman exercise guide, focusing on pelvic floor and core strength, to improve your health, mood and energy during pregnancy. Clear, step-by-step Pilates exercises, tailored for the demands of each trimester, show you how to:
– improve your posture as your bump grows
– protect your back – especially when lifting older children
– optimise the position of your baby for a better birth experience
– help you release tension and create a positive mindset for birth
– reconnect and restore your core postnatally, focusing on your pelvic floor muscles – including for Caesarean recovery.
You’ll find helpful advice and motivational tips from mums throughout, explaining how much Pilates improved their strength, birth experience and postnatal recovery, to help you prepare physically and mentally for your new arrival.