Discover the Italian knack for la dolce vita.
Whether you want to explore the evocative ruins of an ancient empire, traverse Tuscany’s vineyard-cloaked hills, or simply sip espresso and watch the world go by, your DK Eyewitness travel guide makes sure you experience all that Italy has to offer.
From erupting volcanoes to magnificent coastal scenery, this breath-taking country is rich in natural beauty. And with more UNESCO World Heritage Sites than anywhere else on Earth, there is no better place to experience the glories of European art and architecture. Of course, Italy is not only a sumptuous feast for the eyes; famous for some of the world’s finest food and wine, the country’s vibrant gastronomic traditions differ from one town to the next.
Our annually updated guide brings Italy to life, transporting you there like no other travel guide does with expert-led insights and advice, detailed breakdowns of all the must-see sights, photographs on practically every page, and our hand-drawn illustrations which place you inside the country’s iconic buildings and neighbourhoods.
– our pick of Italy’s must-sees, top experiences, and hidden gems
– the best spots to eat, drink, shop, and stay
– detailed maps and walks make navigating the country easy
– easy-to-follow itineraries
– expert advice: get ready, get around, and stay safe
– colour-coded chapters to every part of Italy, from Venice and Rome, to Sicily and Sardinia
– our new lightweight format, so you can take your guide with you wherever you go
Planning a city break? Try our DK Eyewitness Rome or the pocket-friendly Top 10 Rome for top 10 lists to all things Rome.