Changing jobs in your 30’s or at an executive or manager level requires you to think more strategically about your career. As your coach, author Carl Wellenstein guides you through the process of making job and career changes in a step-by-step fashion that is specific to your level and situation. You will learn what you need to do, when you need to do it, and why (from multiple perspectives—yours, recruiters, and employers). Real-life examples illustrate how.
Twelve chapters are arranged in five sections:
- Self-discovery—What you bring to the table that others want.
- Job and career options—Understanding the ones that will work for you.
- Marketing yourself effectively—Crafting your resume and navigating the job market.
- Communicating effectively—Techniques that build confidence and enthusiasm so you are more effective when networking, interviewing, and negotiating.
- Creating your strategic plan—Keeping yourself on track.
12 Steps to a New Career will help you make a life-changing leap from thinking of “changing jobs” to defining a career path that will lead to a job you’ll love.